Thursday, April 9, 2009

Writing and Perception

Here is a recent gmail chat with Sarah. I am seeking support and typing too quickly: the digital equivalent of being a bad listener.

me: You could tell me if the blog is bad. I am so self-conscious about writing.
Sarah: No it's good.
me: Then tell your friends to read it.
4:06 PM Sarah: I now just have to be careful re: what I write.
me: Careful in what way? I would NEVER identify -- oic...just got it...Forget about telling your friends.
Mebbe you should be on my blog team.
4:07 PM Whatever that is.
Or guest blog.
I wouldn't choose topics that would make u or your friends look bad.
Sarah: I am a follower.
me: Mainly it's about me.
4:08 PMU not really a follower.
This is like David [Sarah's younger brother] saying he was a crybaby.
Just doesn't match the truth of who you are.
Self perception is fucked up.
Here was poor old David thinking he was a crybaby when he got hisself broken up in so many ways when he was just a little baby, little like the twins.
4:09 PMSarah: Dude... I follow your blog... I'm right there under followers.
me: Sandra [my sister-in-law] and I tried very hard at Heather's wedding to disabuse him of this idea he had about himself.
Oh yeah...follower. lolololol
I am seriously laughing my ass off.
Right off.
Maybe we should send this chat to David.

2 comments: