Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bad Moods and Teeth

A sample chat:
3:34 PMme: Hola ??
3:49 PM Sarah: Hello
r u la?
3:50 PM me: Yes.
Wot up?
Sarah: Nottin'
busy
ish
me: What are you doing at work?
Sarah: I'm in a bad mood.
me: How come?
Sarah: Tedious stuff.
Work is pissing me off.
me: Why?
3:51 PM Sarah: I don't want to get into it.
me: Ok.
I am on meds for high blood pressure now.
Eff. Me.
It's not a big deal. BUT it makes me feel OLD.
Sarah: oh crap.
Yer not old.
me: If one more doctor says "As we get older..." yadda yadda.
3:52 PM Sarah: It's also hereditary.
me: I'm serious. It's bumming me out. Yes. BUT no one is saying anything about that.
Not one medical dude ...
"As we get older...
it takes longer for injuries to heal."
Sarah: Well... it's hereditary.
me: "We have to take care of things..."
3:53 PM blah d. blah.
Sarah: You have a great lifestyle. You take care of yourself.
me: Even the goddam dentist was like "As we get older..." At the time, I didn't realize she was speaking to me, and I actually turned my head to see who she was speaking with.
Sarah: lol
me: It's tru.
3:54 PM Sarah: I believe you.
me: Then she pulled out my wisdom teeth. And they weren't cooperating because I'm old and the roots go down to my ankles. I had to go to a dental surgeon because "As we get older..."
Eff.
I hate that.
3:55 PM Enuff of that.
Sarah: Yes I hear you.

3 comments:

  1. OMG that is funny. I laughed. Gianni laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha! I LOVE the Grief point pic as well... we need to get a Desolation Sound sign picture when you're here. Fuggin' dentists ALWAYS use that "getting older/old" line. God knows, I got it for my receding gums about 15 years ago (bringing to mind the simile "like a rat from a flame" where the rat is the gums and the flame is...well, everything else, I suppose). Yeesh. It's a wonder I'm still walking around, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two more dentist appointments in April (!)

    ReplyDelete