Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Judge Not




This is an email exchange between me and my husband a few hours ago. Read between the lines a little (just a tiny bit) to follow the event.

Husband: I have to order a cup cake cake for Friday...we are having a client appreciation day.

Me: Cup cake CAKE -- I can't even believe it -- Nice! I could meet you there and we could have spaghetti and wine. What do you think?

Also, I was thinking about getting the airplane crew some chocolates...

This poor Asian man who worked for another airline with the word China in it ... was the first to notice that my flight had already left. And the F word actually emitted itself from my mouth. He must have thought I was utterly vulgar.

*mercifully...missed flight rebooked with no additional charges. There aren't enough exclamation marks to illustrate how dumb I felt.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iTouch.

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I begin a new support group, we seem to lay out groundrules about the behaviours (and misbehaviours) we think will matter most in the lifetime of the group. It always seems to be me (the coarse, scruffy broken warehouse guy) who asks if anyone is sensitive to a bit of colourful language at the table. The response that I usually get is that we need to use it cautiously. As always, it is intent and context that matter more than content. I'm sure that the poor Asian man feels moved to let his equivalent f-bomb drop now and again, and understands us perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bomb was such a whispered cursing of self that it might have been mistaken for an exhale. The man was just such a gentle seeming soul :-)

    ReplyDelete